UIU Cisco Networking Academy Program
Why Cisco Certification is important for you?
Our 21st century economy runs on digital networks. Organizations of all kinds depend on a workforce educated to design, build and operate these networks. Analysts expect the information and communications technology (ICT) sector to generate an increasing number of high-skill, in-demand jobs across a broad spectrum of industries. By 2015, it is expected that 90% of jobs will require technology skills and almost all jobs will be ICT-enabled. But there aren’t enough people with the expertise to fill these positions. You need to be ready to take up the challenge. All you need is the opportunity and you can get that by completing Cisco Networking Academy courses and certifications to enhance your qualification.
As shown in the following Figure, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the number of network and computer systems architects will grow 28% by 2020 —twice as fast as all occupations in general. According to Industry Canada, ICT was responsible for 9% of Canada’s GDP growth between 2002 and 2012 (Growing the ICT Industry in Canada: A Knowledge Synthesis, 2010).
UIU Cisco Networking Academy:
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) program is a four-term program on the principles and practices of designing, building and maintaining computer networks. This is an extensive theory and lab-based program with hands-on practical emphasis in each term of about 1.5 months. Total Duration of the program is about 6 to 8 months for regular batch. We are also offering Friday batches, which is shorter in duration (4 months)
- Class Schedule:
1. CCNA Thursday Batch
Class Time : Thursday, 02:00 pm – 08:00 pm
Course Duration: 8 Month
2. CCNA Friday Batch
Class Time : Friday, 03:00 pm – 08:00 pm
Course Duration: 5 Month
3. CCNA Saturday Batch
Class Time : Saturday, 02:00 pm – 08:00 pm
Course Duration: 8 Month
CCNA Security Batch
Week Days: Friday
Class Time : 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Course Duration: 3 Month
Week Days: Saturday
Class Time : 10:00 am to 02:00 pm
Course Duration: 3 Month
- Qualification for admission into this program:
a) Graduate (or 3rd year or above at graduate level) in any Engineering or Science discipline
b) Diploma in Engineering or Equivalent
c) Proficiency in English Language.
d) Knowledge of Fundamentals of Computer.
- Admission forms will be available from the admission office of UIU on payment of Tk. 300/=.
- Properly filled up admission forms should be submitted on or before the deadline (see circular to know the deadline) during office hours on working days. Forms will have to be submitted to the UIU admission office along with the following documents:
- Two copies of passport size photographs and one copy stamp size photograph duly attested and pasted in the manner indicated in the application form.
- Attested photocopies of all the academic certificates and training certificates if any.
The Networking Academy Curriculum
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)is the first step in a Cisco career certification path. Particular emphasis is given to using decision-making and problem solving techniques in the application of science, mathematics, communication and social studies concepts to solve networking problems.Students will learn how to install and configure Cisco switches and routers in multi-protocol networks, using local and wide-area networks (LANs and WANs), provide Level 1 troubleshooting service, and improve network performance and security. Additionally, instruction and training are provided in the proper care, maintenance, and use of networking software tools and equipment, as well as all local, state and federal safety, building and environmental codes and regulations.
The Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students who areseeking entry-level jobs in the ICT industry or hope to fulfill prerequisites to pursue more specialized ICT skills.CCNA Routing and Switching provides an integrated and comprehensive coverage of networking topics, fromfundamentals to advanced applications and services, while providing opportunities for hands-on practicalexperience and career skills development.The curriculum is appropriate for students at many education levels and types of institutions, including highschools, secondary schools, universities, colleges, career and technical schools, and community centers.
The CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum consists of seven courses, which provides greater flexibility toaccommodate different student learning goals and allow instructors to personalize their teaching styles andinstructional flows. Students will be prepared to take the Cisco CCENT® certification exam after completing a set oftwo courses or the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam after completing a set of four courses. Thecurriculum also helps students develop workforce readiness skills and builds a foundation for success innetworking-related careers and degree programs. Following figure shows the different courses included in the CCNARouting and Switching curriculum.
In each course, Networking Academy™ students will learn technology concepts with the support of interactivemedia and apply and practice this knowledge through a series of hands-on and simulated activities that reinforcetheir learning.
CCNA Routing and Switching teaches comprehensive networking concepts and skills, from network applications tothe protocols and services provided to those applications by the lower layers of the network. Students will progressfrom basic networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.CCNA Routing and Switching includes the following features:
- Students learn the basics of routing, switching, and advanced technologies to prepare for the Cisco CCENTand CCNA certification exams, networking related degree programs, and entry-level networking careers.
- The language used to describe networking concepts is designed to be easily understood by learners at alllevels and embedded interactive activities help reinforce comprehension.
- Courses emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills.
- Multimedia learning tools, including videos, games, and quizzes, address a variety of learning styles andhelp stimulate learning and promote increased knowledge retention.
- Hands-on labs and Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop criticalthinking and complex problem solving skills.
- Embedded assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquiredskills.