Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Course Duration: 3 Month
Security and risk management skills are among the most highly sought after skills in networking, and global demand continues to grow. Organizations around the world are experiencing a shortage of qualified information and communication technology (ICT) candidates with the specialized knowledge and skills needed to administer devices and applications in a secure infrastructure, recognize network vulnerabilities, and mitigate security threats.Why CCNA Security?
CCNA Security Benefits
The Cisco Networking Academy® CCNA® Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of network devices to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
CCNA Security includes the following features:
- Students develop an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available.
- The courses emphasize the practical application of skills needed to design, implement, and support network security.
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking security concepts and allow students to experiment with network behavior and ask “what if” questions.
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- Can be delivered in-person or in a blended distance learning (BDL) environment
Who should enroll
The Cisco CCNA® Security course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students seeking career-oriented, entry-level security specialist skills. Target students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who want to enhance their core routing and switching skills. CCNA Security provides a next step for CCENT or CCNA Routing and Switching students who want to expand their skill set to prepare for a career in network security.
|College and university-level students seeking career-oriented, entry-level security specialist skills
IT professionals wishing to broaden or add specialized skills to their technology expertise
Current CCNA certification holders who wish to build on their CCNA knowledge base
|CCNA-level networking concepts and skills
Basic PC and Internet navigation skills
CCNA Security helps students develop the skills needed for entry-level network security career opportunities and prepare for the CCNA Security certification. It provides a theoretically rich, hands-on introduction to network security, in a logical sequence driven by technologies.
The goals of CCNA Security are as follows:
- Provide an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security
- Provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and support network security
- Provide an experience-oriented course that employs industry-relevant instructional approaches to prepare students for entry-level jobs in the industry
- Enable students to have significant hands-on interaction with IT equipment to prepare them for certification exams and career opportunities
Upon completion of the CCNA Security course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network
- Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
- Secure administrative access with AAA
- Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
- Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
- Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
- Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
- Implement secure virtual private networks
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the CLI
- Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
- Test network security and create a technical security policy
The CCNA Security curriculum prepares students for the Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) certification exam (210-260), leading to the CCNA Security certification.
CCNA Security Outline
This course teaches students the skills needed to obtain entry-level security specialist jobs. It provides a hands-on introduction to network security. Instructors are encouraged to provide outside-the-classroom learning experiences.
1. Modern Network Security Threats: CCENT-level networking concepts and skills
2. Modern Network Security Threats: Basic PC and Internet navigation skills
3. Authentication, Authorization and Accounting: Implement AAA on Cisco routers using local router database and server-based ACS or Identity Service Engine (ISE).
4. Implementing Firewall Technologies: Implement firewall technologies to secure network perimeter.
5. Implementing Intrusion Prevention: Implement IPS to mitigate attacks on networks.
6. Securing the Local Area Network: Secure endpoints and mitigate common Layer 2 attacks.
7. Cryptographic Systems: Secure communications to ensure integrity, authenticity and confidentiality.
8. Implementing Virtual Private Networks (VPNs): Implement secure Virtual Private Networks.
9. Implementing Cisco the Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA): Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the CLI.
10. Advanced Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance: Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
11. Managing a Secure Network: Test network security and create a technical security policy.
CCNA Security supports students who plan to start a career, build a career, or switch focus in an IT networking career to security technologies. The curriculum emphasizes practical experience to help students develop the skills needed for job roles such as network security specialists, security administrators, and network security support engineers. The CCNA Security curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s IT professionals.