Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate Certification
Class Time: Saturday @ 7pm to 10pm (Online)
Course Duration: 2 Months
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly detecting cybersecurity breaches and effectively responding to security incidents. Teams of people in Security Operations Centers (SOCs) keep a vigilant eye on security systems, protecting their organizations by detecting and responding to cybersecurity exploits and threats. CyberOps Associate prepares candidates to begin a career working as associate-level cybersecurity analysts within security operations centres.
The CyberOps Associate course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students who are seeking career-oriented, entry-level security analyst skills. Target students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who want to pursue a career in the Security Operation Center (SOC). Learners in this course are exposed to all of the foundational knowledge required to detect, analyze, and escalate basic cybersecurity threats using common open-source tools.
CyberOps Associate students should have the following skills and knowledge:
• PC and internet navigation skills
• Basic Windows and Linux system concepts
• Basic understanding of computer networks
• Binary and Hexadecimal understanding
• Familiarity with Cisco Packet Tracer
This course aligns with the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (CBROPS) certification. Candidates need to pass the 200-201 CBROPS exam to achieve the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification. The CBROPS exam tests a candidate’s knowledge and skills related to security concepts, security monitoring, host-based analysis, network intrusion analysis, and security policies and procedures.
The course has many features to help students understand these concepts:
The course is comprised of twenty-eight (28) modules. Each module is comprised of topics.
• Modules emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, collaboration, and the practical application of skills.
• Each module contains some way to practice and assess understanding, such as a lab or a Packet Tracer
activity. These module-level activities provide feedback and are designed to indicate learner’s mastery of the skills needed for the course. Learners can ensure their level of understanding well before taking a graded
quiz or exam.
Some topics may contain a Check Your Understanding interactive quiz, or some other way to assess
understanding, such as a lab or a Packet Tracer. These topic-level assessments are designed to tell
learners if they have a good grasp of the topic content, or if they need to review before continuing. Learners
can ensure their level of understanding well before taking a graded quiz or exam. Check Your
Understanding quizzes do not affect the learner’s overall grade.
• Rich multimedia content, including interactive activities, videos, and quizzes, addresses a variety of learning
styles and helps stimulate learning and increase knowledge retention.
• Virtual environments simulate real-world cybersecurity threat scenarios and create opportunities for security
monitoring, analysis, and resolution.
• Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
• Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired
• Technical concepts are explained using language that works well for learners at all levels and embedded
interactive activities break up reading of the content and help reinforce understanding.
• The curriculum encourages students to consider additional IT education but also emphasizes applied skills
and hands-on experience.
• Cisco Packet Tracer activities are designed for use with Packet Tracer 7.3.0 or later.