Workshop on Internet of Thing:
“Create Your First IoT-based System”
Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017 Time: 10 am to 4 pm
Fees: UIU Students: Taka 600/= & Non-UIU Students: Taka 700/=
UIU Cisco Academy Students: Taka 500/=
Why this workshop?
- Have you ever thought of controlling appliances at home while watching TV and without getting up from the bed? Or, are you fed up of looking for that misplaced remote? Do you want to secure your home and have a surveillance watch from any device, anywhere in the world? With the introduction of Internet of Things (IoT), even the dumb machines can be connected to the Internet so that it can be controlled using smartphone apps from a remote place! This workshop will provide a strong background knowledge and hands-on experience that will enable the participants to build an IoT-based system from scratch.
- There are no prerequisites for joining this workshop. Anyone interested, can join this workshop. While a basic networking concepts and some C/Python Programming would be helpful, it is not compulsory.
- Any science or engineering student, who have basic programming knowledge (like c or any other programming) and have basic computer skills like using computer applications, smartphone applications and Internet (web browsing and e-mail).
- Student from Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentation, CS/IT any branch student can attend this workshop.
What will be covered?
- Introduction to Internet of Things (Basic Components and IoT Architecture)
- Introduction to some potential IoT Applications in near future (Home Automation, Smart City, Intelligent Transportation System, Smart Healthcare, Industrial IoT etc.)
- Introduction to Micro-controller and Single-board Computer – Arduino, Raspberry PI
- Simulation platform (Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1)
- Hands-on: Simple Devices Program Using IoT Device
- Hands-on: Interface IoT Device into IoT gateway Server
- Hands-on: Control Devices Using IoT Device & IoT gateway Server
- Hands-on: Control Devices over Ethernet Using IoT Device/gateway
- Hands-on: Read Sensors & Control Devices Using IoT Device over Ethernet
- Hands-on: Control Home Appliance control Using IoT gateway Server
- Hardware platform(Raspberry pi, Arduino, Raspbian OS & PL-App)
- Introduction to Raspberry pi & Raspbian OS
- Introduction to Cisco PL App & Jupyter Notebooks
- Hands-on Project-1: Create a simple IoT Real-Time Project using Raspberry pi & PL-App
- Hands-on Project-2: Read/Write Devices Data using Local IoT gateway Server for Home Automation Using Raspberry pi, Arduino & PL-App