Workshop on Basic Networking:
“Networking in a Day”
Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017 Time: 10 am to 4 pm
Fees: UIU Students: Taka 250/= & Non-UIU Students: Taka 350/=
Why this workshop?
- To provide hands-on networking basics using a live in-classroom network. Students will learn about network protocols (including a close-up look at TCP/IP), network devices like hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, repeaters, gateways, and more. This hands-on networking fundamentals workshop will give students knowledge with practical tools and techniques that will enable them to create their own network and share resources in a secured way.
- Beginners with little or no prior knowledge of networking
- Students, who already had done some basic network activities like setting IP address before, but do not have clear concepts of TCP/IP and network protocols needed to do some advanced settings
What will be covered?
- Basic concepts and terminologies of computer networks (Video and lecture)
- Layering Models – OSI, TCP/IP (Video/Animation)
- Hands-on: Introduction to network devices (Hubs, Switches, Routers, Wireless AP, Firewalls)
- Hands-on: Introduction to IP and MAC addresses used in network devices
- Hands-on: Create a small network and extend the network with Wi-Fi
- Hands-on: File sharing and home server creation in Windows
- Introduction to future/upcoming networks with video demonstration (Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile LTE – 4G/5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart home, Intelligent Transportation System (ITS), Network Security etc.)