Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations
Course Duration: 6 Months
Today’s organizations are challenged with rapidly detecting cybersecurity breaches and effectively responding to security incidents. Teams of people in Security Operations Centers (SOCs) keep a vigilant eye on security systems, protecting their organizations by detecting and responding to cybersecurity threats. CCNA Cybersecurity Operations prepares candidates to begin a career working with associate-level cybersecurity analysts within security operations centers.
The CCNA Cybersecurity Operations curriculum provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed for a Security Analyst working with a Security Operations Center team. It teaches core security skills needed for monitoring, detecting, investigating, analyzing and responding to security events, thus protecting systems and organizations from cybersecurity risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations – 1.1 includes an optional skills challenge after chapter 13 to practice cybersecurity operations knowledge in a fun and engaging environment.
By the end of the course, students will be prepared to:
- Understand cybersecurity operations network principles, roles and responsibilities as well as the related technologies, tools, regulations and frameworks available.
- Apply knowledge and skills to monitor, detect, investigate, analyze and respond to security incidents.
- Apply for entry-level jobs as Assoicate Security Analyst and Incident Responder.
- Take the Cisco CCNA Cybersecurity Operations Certification exam.
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations is a hands-on, career-oriented course with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialized skills to sucessfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations students should have the following skills and knowledge:
- PC and Internet navigation skills
- Basic Windows and Linux system concepts
- Basic Networking concepts
- Binary and Hexadecimal understanding
- Awareness of basic programming concepts
- Awareness of basic SQL queries
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations can be delivered as an independent curriculum or integrated into a broader course of study. Students need to know basic Operating System (Windows, Linux) and networking concepts.
The course has many features to help students understand these concepts:
- Rich multimedia content, including interactive activities, videos, games, and quizzes, addresses a variety of
- learning styles and help stimulate learning and increase knowledge retention
- Virtual environments simulate real-world cybersecurity threat scenarios and create opportunities for ethical
- hacking, security monitoring, analysis and resolution
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills
- Technical concepts are explained using language that works well for learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities break up reading of the content and help reinforce understanding
- The curriculum encourages students to consider additional IT education, but also emphasizes applied skills and hands-on experience
- Cisco Packet Tracer activities are designed for use with Packet Tracer 7.0 or later.
- CyberOps Skills Challenge networked game allows students to use CyberOps skills and knowledge to compete with classmates.
Certification and Careers
The CCNA Cybersecuirty Operations curriculum prepares students for entry-level security career opportunities in a Security Operations Center, and the Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) certification exam (210-250) and Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECOPS) certification exam (210-255) leading to the Cisco CCNA Cybersecurity Operations certification.